The English and History Departments and LIT Center welcome you to an end of year Poetry Jam and Dialog with visiting author Dr. Kathryn Waddell Takara.
Dr. Takara is renowned as a Poet and Author and is the recipient of the 2010 American Book Award, two Fulbright awards, and a board of Regents award for outstanding teachers. She has also received a lifetime achievement award for her research and contributions to the Hawai`i community, for her research and teaching of Black history. Please join us for the following events:
Period 1: Poetry Jam with Dr. Kathryn Takara
A POETRY JAM with Dr. Takara, and Upper School Student Readings from Transitions, the ICSA School Anthology
- Intro with Dr. Takara
- All Upper School students are invited to read their poems
- Open to all Upper School students, Grades 6 -12
Period 2: Women and Literature — A Dialog
WOMEN AND LITERATURE: A Scholarly Exchange of Ideas
- Dr. Gnakpa dialogues with Dr. Takara
- Readings from the writings of Dr. Gnakpa and Dr. Takara
- Open to High School students, Grades 9 – 11
Note to Teachers: Please RSVP to bring an entire class, for the whole or part of the period OR send students independently — no more than 3 students at one, with a signed pass.